Are hypertonic saline nebulizer treatments effective for inpatient treatment of bronchiolitis?
Metadata[+] Show full item record
Are hypertonic saline nebulizer treatments effective for inpatient treatment of bronchiolitis? Evidence-Based Answer: It depends on the severity of the bronchiolitis and tonicity of the saline solution. In infants with mild to moderate acute bronchiolitis, 3% saline combined with other treatments reduced the length of hospital stay by around 1 day (SOR: A, meta-analysis). In moderate to severe bronchiolitis, 3% and 6% saline did not decrease hospitalization duration and 7% saline did not change clinical severity scores (SOR: B, individual RCTs).
Evidence-based practice 18, no. 07 (2015): 10