American journal of hospital medicine, volume 2, issue 2 (2018 April-June)
Volume 2 Issue 2. April-June 2018 Contents
- Table of Contents
- Review Article
- Alcoholic Hepatitis / Mitchell Padkins, and Syed Hasan Naqvi
- Original Articles
- In Pursuit of Happiness: Creation of an Academic Hospitalist Wellness Committee and Well-being Survey / Christie Masters, Michael Lazarus, Nasim Afsarmanesh, Annie Zhang, Patrick L. Bui, Rebecca K. Wilkinson, and Mina R. Kang
- Are There Predictive Pupillometry Markers in Determining External Ventricular Device (EVD) Weaning Failure or Success in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Patients? / Tracy Bezner, Premkumar Nattanmai, Nakul Katyal, Keerthivaas Premkumar, and Christopher R. Newey
- Case Report
- Hydromorphone Precipitating Serotonin Syndrome / Sijie Jason Wang
- Ask a Specialist
- Ask a Pathologist: Blood Product Contamination / Nitya Prabhakaran, and Emily Coberly
- Ask a Hematologist: Iron Studies in the Hospitalized Patient / Jiyuan Sun, and Sindhu Singh
- ID Corner
- New Clostridium difficile Infection Guidelines: Pearls for the Hospitalist / Christian Rojas-Moreno
- ECG Dilemma
- ECG Dilemma / Mahaletwork Assefa, and Sudarshan Balla
- ECG Dilemma: Answer / Mahaletwork Assefa, and Sudarshan Balla
- Conference Calendar
- Conference Calendar / Harleen Chela
Items in MOspace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
(2018-04)Page showing contents of AJHM 2.2
(2018-04)Opioid medications are an underappreciated cause of serotonin syndrome. Fentanyl, meperidine, and methadone are more commonly associated with this potentially life-threatening side effect. Here, we present the case of a ...
(2018-04)Question: My patient developed a fever during a packed red blood cell transfusion. What is the likelihood that the fever is due to bacterial contamination of the blood product?
(2018-04)Question: How to order and interpret iron studies for a hospitalized patient with anemia?
(2018-04)Clinical vignette: A 40 year-old female with no significant past medical history had a 3-day history of runny nose, headache, cough and post-nasal drip. Her physical exam showed erythematous pharyngeal wall but it was ...
In pursuit of happiness : Creation of an academic hospitalist wellness committee and well-being survey (2018-04)Physician burnout poses a critical threat to the delivery of healthcare. A solution to this problem is a leadership imperative. Managing demands on physicians can prevent burnout and foster engagement. This study ...
(2018-04)ECG Dilemma: Answer.
(2018-04)A 45-year-old male was seen as a response to an EMS call. Patient’s neighbor saw the patient collapsed in the backyard. Patient had a history of substance abuse and depression. Patient was intubated on field for airway ...
Are there predictive pupillometry markers in determining external ventricular device (EVD) weaning failure or success in subarachnoid hemorrhage patients? (2018-04)Pupillometers objectively measure constriction (i.e., parasympathetic pathway) and dilation (i.e., sympathetic pathway) velocities of the pupillary reflex. These pathways may be affected by increases in ventricular ...
(2018-04)Alcoholic hepatitis (AH) is a clinical manifestation on the spectrum of alcoholic liver diseases related to alcohol consumption. The mildest of these diseases is fatty liver, which can progress to AH and then lead to ...