Missouri hospitalist, issue 46 (2013 January-March)
Missouri Hospitalist Issue 46. January-March, 2013 Contents
- Table of Contents
- Hospitalist Update
- Treatment of Stable COPD: Recent Guidelines and Medication Update / William A. Parker
- Original Article
- Copy and Paste by Any Other Name: Cloning, Carry-forward--is not a Rose! / Barbara J. Boshard
- Review Article
- What's new in Nutrition? / Luray Bucko
- Case Report
- Savory Satisfaction Can Lead to Lower Gastrointestinal Impaction / James Shortridge, Dayna Rae Linwedel, and Hazem Hammad
- Spot Diagnosis / Hariharan Regunath, Linda Headrick, and Chockalingam Siva
- ID Corner
- Management of prosthetic joint infections / William Salzer
- Conference Calendar
Items in MOspace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
(2013-01)The IDSA has published it’s long awaited guidelines for the management of prosthetic joint infections.
(2013-01)Question 1: A 52 year old lady with type 2 diabetes mellitus and recurrent acne noted to have these skin and nail changes during a clinic visit. Question 2: A 70 year old man presented with an acute onset of elbow pain ...
(2013-01)The differential diagnosis for constipation is large and includes many common diagnoses as well as other unusual ones. Bezoars are one of the diagnostic "zebras" that we do not think of frequently. Bezoars are foreign ...
(2013-01)Nutrition is an integral part of the healing process. The role of nutrition in healing is often underappreciated and the service of dietician/ nutrition specialists underutilized. This brief review provides information about ...
(2013-01)The copy and paste function in the electronic medical record (EMR) can turn into a thorn-in-the-side when ineffectively used by health care providers for documentation. Dimick identifies three words that start with "C" ...
(2013-01)Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a preventable cause of morbidity and mortality that poses a significant public health burden. The disease is characterized by progressively worsening airflow ...
(2013-01)Page showing contents of Issue 46.