Stadler Genetics Symposia, volume 10, 1978 (MU)
Contents of volume 10
- E. R. Sears Scholarship Fund
- Arthur Chovnick, Margaret Mccarron, Arthur Hilliker, Janis O'Donnell, William Gelbart and Stephen Clark: ORGANIZATION OF A GENE IN DROSOPHILA: A PROGRESS REPORT
- Barbara Mcclintock: MECHANISMS THAT RAPIDLY REORGANIZE THE GENOME
- Norman H. Giles, N. K. Alton, M. E. Case, J. A. Hautala, J. W. Jacobson, S. R. Kushner, V. B. Patel, W. R. Reinert, P. Str¢man and D. Vapnek: THE ORGANIZATION OF THE QA GENE CLUSTER IN NEUROSPORA CRASSA AND ITS EXPRESSION IN ESCHERICHIA COLI
- Janine Zieg, Michael Silverman,Marcia Hilmen, and Melvin Simon: PHASE VARIATION IN SALMONELLA: ANALYSIS OF THE CONTROLLING ELEMENT OF H2 GENE EXPRESSION
- C. S. Levings, III and D. R. Pring: THE MITOCHONDR IAL GENOME OF HIGHER PLANTS
- M. M. Green THE GENETIC CONTROL OF MUTATION IN DROSOPHILA
- George P. Smith: NON-DARWINIAN EVOLUTION AND THE BEARD OF LIFE
- Cumulative Contents of the Proceedings of the Stadler Genetics Symposia
Items in MOspace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.
(University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)
Phase variation in salmonella : analysis of the controlling element of H2 gene expression : gene expression, recombinational control, phase variation, DNA inversion (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)In the phase variation system of Salmonella, the alternative expression of Hl and H2 flagella is controlled by a region of DNA adjacent to the H2 structural gene known as the Phase Determinant. The Phase Determinant regulates ...
Non-Darwinian evolution and the bread of life : genetic drift, repetitive DNA, philosophy of science (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)This paper explores what would happen to a chromosomal segment that evolves randomly, without the surveillance of natural selection. In these circumstances a single segment present in some individual organism at any given ...
The mitochondrial genome of higher plants : mtiochondrial DNA, cytoplasmic male sterility, S cytoplasm (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)Mitochondrial (mt) DNAs of higher plants have molecular weights ranging from 70-165 x 10 [superscript 6], which is by far the largest found in nature. Their native configuration is probably a covalently closed circular ...
The genetic control of mutation in drosophila : spontaneous mutation, mutator genes, mitotic recombination (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)Mitotic recombination (MR) chromosomes are geographically widespread and occur in high frequency in wild Drosophila melanogaster populations. In both sexes, MR chromosomes increase the frequency of mitotic recombination ...
The organization of the QA gene cluster in neurospora crassa and its expression in escherichia coli : eucaryotic gene regulation, quinic acid catabolic enzymes, recombinant DNA, pBR322 plasmid (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)PLEASE SEE SUMMARY pg 49
Organization of a gene in drosophila : a progress report : Drosophila melanogaster, rosy Zocus, XDH, genetic fine structure, peptide coding region, cis-acting control element (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)The present report summarizes our progress in the genetic dissection of an elementary genetic unit in a higher organism. The rosy locus (ry:3-52.0) in Drosophila melanogaster codes for xanthine dehydrogenase, and is ...
Mechanisms that rapidly reorganize the genome : (genome reorganizations, transposable gene control systems, restriction enzymes, stabilizing mechanisms) (University of Missouri, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1978)Extensive reorganization of components of the genome is initiated in maize by the breakage-fusion-bridge (BFB) cycle. Displacements include chromosomes other than those undergoing the cycle. Restructuring ranges from those ...